Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back from the ER and it wasn't for Kieran

Well, Kieran and I are supposed to be back in Atlanta but yesterday was a tough day to say the least.

I ended up tripping on one of the large suitcases while carrying it down the stairs. I knew something was wrong when I absolutely could not get up. My mom finished packing the car in a hurry and I planned to try to get to the airport and ice the ankle on the way. I was debating whether I should go to the hospital in NY or wait until I got to Atlanta since my ticket was non refundable.

Fifteen minutes into the trip, we realized we had a flat tire so there was my answer. We then found out that we were on a State Parkway and AAA doesn't service breakdowns or flat tires on a State road - who knew? It just wasn't my day.

So we finally made it to the emergency room. Of course I had no proof of insurance since Santosh started a new job the day prior and I didn't have a card with me. Luckily everyone at the hospital was very nice and luckily it was only a bad sprain.

So now I'm resting back on Long Island waiting for the ankle to heal before I head back to Atlanta and our home with 6 staircases. Right now it's blue. I guess when it turns a lovely shade of purple, I'll know I'm closer to being healed. Right now it's too swollen to wear shoes or do too much.

Kieran has been strangely cooperative. It's been very odd. He's still running around but the worst thing he did was steal chocolate. Usually, he's trying to chew on electrical wires or something that really scares me.

We'll attempt another flight on Saturday.

Since I have to elevate my foot, I'll hopefully have more time to write about our trip tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're healed up soon! Kieran is looking so grown up, as cute as ever.