Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh yes we did

What an emotional but wonderful day it has been. Though I lost my voice making 150 or so calls yesterday to get people to the polls, I can't think of any cause more worth it. I volunteered for several days and did some canvassing but I always end up thinking that I should have started earlier. Obama didn't carry Georgia but I guess we knew that was unlikely.

How refreshing it will be to have someone who is intellectually curious and who is concerned with facts. I know that the most important quality that George W lacked is one thing I think Obama excels at - LISTENING! George W always said he didn't get caught up in the facts (a sentiment echoed by McCain with his selection of Palin.)

What I admire about Obama is that he is decisive but open minded. Bill Clinton said that when dealing with the recent economic crisis, Obama consulted several financial experts. He asked them to tell him what was the right thing to do. Selling the idea to others would come later. I'll bet that George W never said anything like that. Bye Bye Bush.


No comments: